AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)
The AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting is the perfect opportunity for you, as an accounting professional, to take your career to the next step. It has been developed with experienced Accountants in mind, giving you the knowledge and skillset to carry out advanced accounting tasks as part of a reliable finance team.
The Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting is ideal for you if you already have a solid grasp of accounting principles, looking to progress your knowledge to the next level and undertake more responsibilities. AAT qualifications are a recognised route to becoming a qualified Accountant and our convenient online delivery method means that you can study anytime, anywhere with 24/7 course access.
There are no official prerequisites, but along with a solid understanding of accounting principles, it is recommended you have a good standard of English literacy and basic maths skills.
Our AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting comes with our exclusive Mentor+ platform where you will have access to an experienced AAT accredited tutor. You will be guided throughout your time on the course on every aspect of the materials, right through to advice on how you can book your examinations.
The AAT require all students to join as a student member. AAT require you to register as a student member within 14 days of your course start date. This registration allows you to sit any necessary exams and take advantage of the support and resources available. The following items are not included in your course fees:
£135 registration fee (£125 for international students), this can be included in your course fee with us, or you can pay AAT directly. If you are already a member, you may not be required to pay this fee.
Exams cost approximately £60-85 depending on the exam centre.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Apply the principles of double-entry bookkeeping through demonstrating the accounting equation, classifying assets, liabilities and equity in an accounting context
- The purpose and use of books of prime entry and ledger accounting
- How to carry out financial period end routines
- Implementing procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Identifying capital expenditure and the importance of prior authority for capital expenditure
- Differentiating between funding methods for acquisition of non-current assets
- Calculating and recording depreciation
- Record period end adjustments through accrual and prepayments in income and expense accounts
- How to record irrecoverable debts and allowances for doubtful debts
- How to prepare and carry out adjustments to the trial balance
- Distinguish between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying
- their preparation
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce accounts for sole traders
- Produce accounts for partnerships
- Recognise the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Our exam pass rates currently stand at 95% guaranteeing high quality training materials and a flawless learning experience
- Your experienced AAT accredited tutor is there to support you every step of the way, just like us and the rest of our learning community who are available through forums and other discussion groups
- Interactive course materials that will engage and test you, ensuring you retain the knowledge and can implement it in your career
- Flexible, interest-free finance options that can suit your budget meaning your career development can’t be delayed by funds
- Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to our course platform
- Work your way to one of many accounting roles that will help you to build a reputable, lucrative career
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting Advanced Diploma Synoptic Assessment
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above