CeMAP Paper 1
Demonstrate your abilities as a mortgage adviser by gaining knowledge of CeMAP® in UK financial regulation. Any homeowner will know how hard it can be to step onto the property ladder, and this leap can be even more difficult without the help of a mortgage adviser. The CeMAP, or Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice, is a course specific to the UK housing market, and meets the educational standard of the FCA so that the bearer can apply for a ‘license to practice’ as a mortgage adviser. Holding this certificate allows you to offer this in-demand service to potential property buyers and develop a career in mortgage advice.
This course provides learning support for CeMAP® Paper 1, which concerns the key points of UK Financial Regulation. Learn about the fundamental elements of the UK financial services industry, including its purpose and structure, and work towards gaining knowledge of CeMAP® and advising homeowners yourself.
Make the house-buying process a little easier and venture forward with your career dreams of becoming a professional mortgage adviser. Whether you’re looking to get ahead in your current job role, or you’re hoping to step into a new career, this course in UK Financial Regulation is a great place to start!
It’s considered by most that the CeMAP® qualification is the industry benchmark. With 80% of mortgage advisers holding the education, you could join the majority of professionals in the UK and work towards becoming a fully-fledged mortgage adviser, who can help others with their continued climb on the property ladder.
Break It Down into Bitesize Chunks
Studying for a full course of this importance can be overwhelming, which is why the course is broken into seven units across three separate modules. Study the two units of CeMap® 1 with this course at your own pace, online, over a period time. Continue on to complete the units of CeMap® 2 and 3, to become a professional mortgage adviser.
To become a professional Mortgage Adviser, you need to hold a qualification approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). CeMAP® is an FCA approved qualification awarded by The London Institute of Banking & Finance and £175 per paper additional fees are payable to them in order to sit the exams and achieve this qualification.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- This resource covers the two units of Paper 1 - one of three CeMap® course papers. Once CeMap® 1 UK Financial Regulation is complete, you can continue towards your mortgage advisor career dreams by completing CeMap® 2 and 3 and becoming proficient with CeMAP®.
- Explore the structure and purpose of the UK financial services industry, and why financial regulation is such an important area to understand as a professional mortgage adviser.
- Get to grips with the Data Protection Act 1998, as well as FCA regulation and its conduct of business rule, so that when you work as a mortgage adviser, you can do so with confidence and thorough understanding.
- Learn more about legal concepts, how they are relevant to the advice you will give, and also how legislation and regulation work together within the finance services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of UK taxation and social security systems.
- Learn how to effectively deal with compensation claims and complaints, just in case any issues should arise within your future business.
- Understand how the volatility of interest rates can affect a mortgage customer, including how the fluctuation of interest rates can impact on affordability and acceptance for mortgages.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Constantly updated courses to reflect the very latest in financial regulations. With this course, you will study with the help of the most recent 2014/15 syllabus so that you will be up-to-date and ready to go.
- Be your own boss and work for yourself as a freelance mortgage adviser. The CeMAP® course can help you to achieve your aspiration of self-employment, as well as having the opportunity to work for a financial institution.
- The complete CeMAP course is divided into three separate modules, so you can work towards your mortgage adviser education at your own pace and not overwhelmed.
- Have the opportunity to advise others of their mortgage potential, and earn money, experience and satisfaction from a reputable career!
This course is eligible for a TOTUM PRO Card. Details on how to receive this card will be sent out after enrolment.
What is the TOTUM PRO Card?
The TOTUM PRO card is the replacement of the old NUS card, which offers discounts in a wide range of shops and websites, helping you get money off food, holidays and flights, clothes, make-up gym memberships and much more. TOTUM PRO card is aimed at professional learners, giving you access to exclusive discounts.
Where can you use your TOTUM PRO Card?
The TOTUM PRO card offers a range of discounts across a wide range of shops and websites. The list below provides a sample of the places you can receive discounts from. Click here to review the full list of shops and websites.
How to get your card
To receive your TOTUM PRO card all you need to do is enrol and pay for an eligible course (see the full list, below) and we’ll send you an email confirmation, acknowledging your eligibility for the TOTUM PRO Card. After your 14-day cooling off period has passed, we’ll send you an email confirming that your TOTUM PRO card access is now live, and you’ll be able to use the TOTUM PRO card widget in your ‘My Account’ section on our website, to order your card.
Is there a cost?
TOTUM PRO is available for a limited time only for just £14.99 for one year (usually £19.99), £24.99 for two years (usually £34.99), or £34.99 for three years (usually £44.99). This offer will run until 30th June 2020.
Start your journey to becoming a fully proficient CeMAP mortgage adviser by investing in this course, today.
|CeMAP Paper 1|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 9 or above
Safari 6 or above